Resources for Homeowners
Contact your County's Emergency Drought contact, or a Technical Service Provider for your location
- They will work with you to determine what help is available and how to get it.
Find a well drilling/maintenance contractor
- Well drillers can help lower well pumps, drill wells, clean well screens, and assess casings to allow for optimal well flow
- Website to find well contractors
Find the local agency that will issue a permit for well rehabilitation or drilling a new well
- To refurbish, replace or construct a well, apply for a well permit from your local county
Contact your local groundwater sustainability agency
- To learn more about groundwater management in your region, find your Groundwater Sustainability Agency
Resources for Drought Assistance Providers
- Public Outreach Materials
- The California Partnership for the San Joaquin Valley has developed outreach materials for county staff to inform well owners of available dry well response in the following ten counties: Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus, Tulare, San Joaquin, and Los Angeles Counties. For all remaining counties, DWR has developed downloadable outreach templates in English, Spanish, Punjabi, Hmong with instructions for counties to communicate to well owners on how to report dry wells and receive emergency water assistance.
- Automated Emails
- Local agencies assisting in emergency response for dry wells can sign up to receive dry well notifications for their county by sending a request, including your preferred email address and county of interest, to firstname.lastname@example.org.